Email: [email protected]
SWEETGRASS PET POLICIES
While many of our properties adhere to a strict "No Pets" policy, a select number of our homes welcome dogs and are advertised as “Pet Friendly.” This will be specifically noted on each property’s information page and will be detailed within your confirmation. Any guest found with a pet in a property that is not pet friendly will be required to vacate the premises without refund. This is strictly enforced.
Pet Friendly Properties:For your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply to Pet Friendly Properties:
Size, Age, Number of Pets
- Pet friendly properties accept dogs weighing under 50 pounds and at least one (1) year old, with a maximum of two (2) dogs per property. “Visiting” pets are not allowed.
- No Cats Allowed unless specifically requested and approved by the property owner.
Non-Refundable Pet Fee:
- A $125.00 non-refundable “Pet Fee” ($150 for two dogs) will apply to each reservation that includes a dog. (This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and unreported house training accidents.
Kiawah Island Leash Law:All pets within town limits must be secured by a leash or lead at any time they are permitted outside a house or other enclosed area intended to confine pets. Pets on the beach must be on a leash at all times unless in “Dog Use Areas” located east of the Beach Club & west of Beachwalker Park. Pets are not allowed in sections of the beach designated as “Critical Areas.” Please leash your pets at all times around the Island’s ponds as this is known alligator habitat. Pets and people must remain out of the dunes and away from any turtle nesting areas at all times.
Seabrook Island Leash Law:Seabrook Island has designated an area east of the Property Owners’ Community Center boardwalk to the Atlantic Ocean for dogs. From May 1 until October 31 within the Designated area, dogs are allowed off leashes daily before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m. provided they remain under voice control. From November 1 until April 30, dogs are allowed off leashes at all times during the day. In all other beach areas outside of the Designated Area from May 1 until October 31, all dogs must be on leads. From November 1 until April 30, dogs can be off lead prior to 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
Isle of Palms / Wild Dunes Leash Law:From 5:00 AM until 9:00 AM April 1st through September 14th and 4:00 PM until 10:00 AM September 15th through March 31st. Dog owners must have leash in hand, have their dog under voice command and must clean up excrement. At all other times, dogs must be on leash and under complete control, even in the water.
General Pet Rules:Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Please clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of Sweetgrass.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. Just because you allow your pets on your furniture and beds at your home does not mean it is allowed in our rental properties. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a pet. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure you will leave the property in good condition without being charged an extra cleaning fee. Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.
Please contact Sweetgrass by email at [email protected]roperties.com or by phone at 855-421-1309 should you have any questions. We are happy to recommend a kennel should you decide to bring and board your pet.